Monday, July 7, 2008

Singing the Blues



This July 12th and 13th is the Blues, Jazz and Fine Arts Festival in Munster, Indiana. I've been fortunate to be asked to be this years featured artist. With doing so I've created the poster, t-shirt, special section in The Times, and public art mural. I will also have a booth at the event with fine art prints of my illustrations. A portion of the sales from the prints will be donated to the Cancer Resource Center in Munster, Indiana. An organization that provides education and support for those that deal with cancer and their families, all free of charge. I will also be taking orders for my t-shirts from allmightys.com at an extremely reduced price of $30 with shipping included (regularly $45.37 with shipping). These shirts are of the highest quality and are printed on American Apparel super soft t-shirts.

The mural is made of two 8 foot by 4 foot sections each shows images of pollution with an instrument shooting green imagery into beautiful green fields. The blues fest is going green this year. So this mural is meant to education people on the dangers of pollution and how through music and education we can create change. The public is asked to come and fill in the mural with color so I invite everyone, old and young to come and fill in the lines. Below are some of the pictures.



No comments: